Past Events (Verb To Be)


Objective: To identify the uses of verb to be in past tense.

Pay attention to this past tense presentation:

Past tense verb to be


EXERCISE


Fill in the blanks in the following conversation.

Use the past tense of the verb to be


James: Luisa, Where ______ You born?


Luisa: I _________ born in Jamaica and you?


James: I_______ born in England? Do you know it?


Luisa: yes, I______ there for two years when I_______ a teen.


James: oh! I see.
Luisa: Do you know my country?


James: no, But I ____ in New York three years ago. By the way, it´s a beautiful city but it is very crowded. Have you been there?


Luisa: My cousins and I ____ there last year. That is a cosmopolitan city. I liked it a lot. I love its museums. It is plenty of touristic places and night clubs.


James: That´s true. Well, I have an appointment near here. See you.


Luisa: See you soon.


Look at the following videos. Record a video in which you are going to say if they are good or not.Then, state your reasons.

Wow- past tense and present thoughts




Then, look for Michael Jackson´s video in you tube: Black or white. Full Version Bass Amplify

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoJ6006IR4

Then, listen to the song , complete the lyrics and do the exercises you´ll find in: http://www.slideshare.net/51625678. The presentation is called listening exercise.



2 comments:

  1. los tiempos son utilizados a todo momento y en todo lugar. las canciones son buenos ejemplos de como se debe usar correctamente el verbo y las reglas, ademas las canciones son mas facil de aprender!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. teacher el blog me parece muy interesante y practico porque podemos aprender mas facilmente y practicar con todas las actividades que aqui se encuentran.

    ReplyDelete